Thursday, January 10, 2013

Quick and Easy and Portable....Oh My!!!

While looking around Pinterest I came across a pin for a "White Bean and Artichoke Spread". It looked very yummy, so I bought some white beans and artichoke hearts awhile back, but finally decided to make it today.
I changed the recipe quite a bit to cover for what I had in the house and leaving out the fat. It came out more of a hummus consistency, rather than the spread the original recipe claimed, but it is alot healthier and flavor packed!

White Bean and Arichoke "Hummus"

2 cans white beans
1 can artichoke heart
1/4 cup bread and butter pickles
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp capers
1 TBSP lemon juice
2 tsp sweet paprika
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
salt to taste

Add all ingredients to your food processor. Blend and enjoy!



My little kitchen helper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment