Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Little Taste of Warmer Times

This week started out with 9" of snow!! Not exactly springtime weather. I love winter, but am very, very ready for springtime! I am craving anything that reminds me of warmer weather.
About two years ago I had a salad at a restaurant that included mango and goat cheese. I feel in love with the flavor and have expanded on it and it is now one of my favorite lunches. One of the best parts was the creamy poppyseed dressing. This year I am trying to simplify the foods that I am eating and when I read the back of the dressing bottle I decided that there had to be a recipe with less "stuff" in it. I found one online, but other than using the quanitities of things, I changed some of ingredients to be healthier!

Creamy Poppyseed Dressing

1/3 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup 2% milk
2 TBSP honey
4 tsp Apple Cider vinegar
2 tsp poppyseeds

(the original recipe called for mayo and sugar)
Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl, chill and serve with your favorite salad!

My salad includes spinach, arugula, radicchio, mango, strawberry, goat cheese and sliced almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment