Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hidden Dirt

"Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting."


These verses from Psalm 139 have been on my mind alot this week. The reason, I was fall cleaning my house.

At least twice a year I try to deep clean my house. That involves lovely things, like vacuuming under couch cushions, moving furniture to vacuum, taking everything off shelves and dusting, baseboards, vents and more. As I was cleaning I started thinking about the fact that my house looks clean, but hidden dirt is still dirt.

God showed me that it is the same with our lives. We may look "clean" on the outside, but we all have some "hidden dirt".

We may be able to hide it from people, we may even be able to fool ourselves that the "dirt" isn't really that bad, it isn't harming anyone, but God knows that it is there. God wants to lovingly clean out the "hidden dirt". God wants to take our hand and go through each "room" of our heart and deep clean it. He knows each part of us, because he made it. Psalm 139 also states: "For you created my inmost being;you knit me together in my mother’s womb.I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful,"

God wants our insides to match our outsides. My prayer is that I would make time to sit still and let Him show me the areas in my life that need to be cleaned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment