Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Twist on a Basic

In our house chocolate chip cookies are a must! To be perfectly honest I use the recipe on the back of the Toll House chips, it is my favorite of all the ones I have tried.
Over the past year I have tried a couple of variations on the recipe. I have added instant coffee, which makes a wonderful mocha cookie, and some cinnamon gives the cookies a nice spice.
Today I was using oranges in some other baking that I was doing, so I thought, why not put it in chocolate chip cookies? I love chocolate oranges! So to my basic chocolate chip cookies I added the zest of one orange, and about a 1/4 tsp of cloves. They made my house smell so good and were quite tasty! The orange is very subtle and accents the chocolate just right!

2 comments:

  1. stop making delicious dishes with fruit I can't eat! :D just kidding - the orange sounds like a great idea, I'm bitter that I can't eat it...

    ReplyDelete