Monday, June 25, 2012

Power of Prayer

I have sat down to write this post a few times today. I am struggling how to put my thoughts and feelings into words. This past weekend was very, very scary for our family. My son had some complications from his surgery that put him in the PICU. I saw my son in a way that I never want to see again. Today I am really struggling to get that image out of my head. I am trying to banish the fear and the complete terror that I experienced on Friday. So as of this moment I am putting on my armor (Eph 6). I am choosing an attitude of thanksgiving because God performed a miracle. It is very easy to slip in to the "what ifs". "What if" I didn't check on my son when I did. "What if" he didn't come to so quickly. The "what ifs" didn't happen. What did happen was the God stepped in. He gave me the instinct that I needed, He sent the paramedics in a timely fashion, He guided the doctors and nurses hands, He chose to spare my son. God's people stood around my family and prayed for us when we couldn't pray for ourselves. There are really no words to express my gratitude to those who prayed for us. To God be all the glory that my son is home, and on the road to recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment