Sunday, July 8, 2012

Something Old to Something New

Today was a day of projects! I worked on my Little Professors room, I will share more about that when I am completely done, it will take a few days! I also took a toy organizer that a friend gave me a few years ago and turned it into something new.
It is in great shape, but didn't really go well in my Roo's bedroom. She is in a Tinkerbell phase, and when her godmother gave me an old Tinkerbell calendar I knew what I wanted to do.
This morning I took it apart and armed myself with purple and green spraypaint that I picked up at Hobby Lobby for 30 percent off yesterday. After multiple coats I got it covered....when have some purple grass in our backyard now, but oh well. After it dried I put it together getting to use my hubby's power drill...so very much fun!!! Then using mod podge I added the Tinkerbells to the side. I also mod podged some pretty scrapbook paper to the front of the bins to "girl-ify" it a bit. I really loved how it turned out, it is perfect for my little Roo's room!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment