Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Its All About The Love!

Don't you love it when everything you read, from all different sources all has to do with the same thing? Do you ever feel a bit "ganged up" on?

If you read my previous post, you know that this year I wanted to focus on being more consitant in my habits. One of my habits is getting up at 5:15am to have my quiet time before the rest of the household gets up. The days go much better if I can get myself prepared mentally and spiritually before the rest of the household wakes up!

I am reading through Beth Moore's book, "The Beloved Disciple", following the apostle John. So much about John's life, and the epistle's he wrote after Christ's return to heaven were about love, love it happy, love is mushy feelings, what could be convicting about love....right????

Well, here is the thing, being loved is mushy and gushy and wonderful, but sometimes being the one who is loving isn't easy. We are called to love as Christ loved, and guess what, He loved EVERYONE, even the people that weren't the easiest to love.

That is how my morning started out, and as I was reading and processing that and thinking over my list of people that I really need to work on loving, and if we are honest we all have that "list" of people, you know the ones, the ones where we kinda cringe when we know we have to interact with them. The ones that are hard for us to love. Then I get hit with another aspect of love, not judging.

OUCH. I log onto facebook and see an article. The article was all about how as mothers we need to stop judging other mothers over their parenting style (if you are on facebook, check out the original post on my page or on Mom and Pop Culture's page. I know as a mother most of the time I am just guessing when it comes to parenting, now they are usually educated guesses, but guesses still the same. However, if someone dares to "question" me, my immediate reaction is defensive. Or if someone has a "weird" approach to parenting I immediately get a holier than thou attitude. The article points out that we are all in this together. It isn't a contest, no one should be keeping score.


If I am judging I am not loving. If I am being defensive, I am not keeping myself open to receive love. Now I have another aspect in my life that I need to work on being consistent on!

Who knew love could be such a tough subject?



No comments:

Post a Comment