Thursday, November 17, 2011

In the Spirit of Thankfulness

Usually this month of the year I update my Facebook status each day with something I am thankful for. With my surgery and the way life has happened this month I haven't kept up on things which is why I wanted to take a minute and write this blog post.
This year has been very difficult. One thing after another has happened with my family's health. My little Roo has developed a seizure disorder, this morning she is undergoing an MRI to try to find the cause, my hubby started off the year with having a stomach surgery and has had issues with his shoulder, my little professor has had some asthma attacks and I have been dealing with issues that came up during my last pregnancy.
Last night I sat and cried, all I could think of is, "why can't we get a break". It is one thing after another. It is exhausting and taking a toll on all of us.
However, I awoke this morning with a feeling of utter thankfulness. While life is swirling around me, I have a constant rock that I can sink my feet into. Through all of this God is beside me. He knows my limitations more than anyone and will give me the strength to get through anything, no matter how big or little that comes along. As the ole' "Footprints in the Sand" poem, He has been carrying me through this year.
I am so thankful that I have a personal relationship with Him. I am so thankful that He loves my children more than I do and that each one of us is in center of His hand.
I don't know why all this is happening, and my humaness rebels against the trials with every breath I take, but I know I need to relax, to rest in Him and let him take the burden.
So this month I am thankful that no matter how much life changes God doesn't. I am thankful for my family and my friends who has put up with the ups and downs that is our life. I am thankful for friends who are willing to share their gifts and talents with me. I am thankful for my husband and for the support that we give each other. I am thankful for my children, and that they are so resilient, that each day I hear giggles from both of them. I am thankful for the military and my husbands command who have taken such good care of use this year. I am thankful for our house and the things that fill it. I am thankful that even though I have had multiple health problems, I haven't had asthma issues. Most of all I am thankful for a God who doesn't expect us to go through life on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment