Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ribbons and Bows

Now that my little Roo's hair is long enough I have started researching ways to make hairbows.
Thanks to Pinterest I have been able to look at quite a few different ways to make them. After taking some of the best hints and techniques I have made some really cute ones for both Roo and Pae to wear Thanksgiving Day.
Here is how I did it...


Cut six pieces of ribbon all the same size. Lay them out in the start pattern, alternating colors. With a needle and thread make one stitch to connect them all.


Bend over both sides of a ribbon to the middle, add another stitch. Continue to do this alternating colors. Make a final stitch, and knot and cut thread.
Using a hot glue gun add a charm in them middle to cover up any stitches, and glue onto your clip.


All done!!!! Some of the other instructions I saw used a glue gun for every step. I was afraid that it would make the bow too thick. I am not the best at sewing but found this really easy.

Can't wait to make some for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment