Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Much Needed Break

Things have been a chaotic around the Cole household lately. We are moving to Columbia, MD in a few weeks, so packing has started! Plus, I have had many photography jobs, and have been able to volunteer at my little professors school. This weekend was a nice break, we had very low key plans and it was so nice! On Saturday we got to hang out with my friend Brooke and her gang! She has two little boys which Roo has taken possession of, calling them, "my boys". She has also taken possession of the rest of the family, but really, would you expect anything different of a 2 year old?
It was an evening that was filled with the happy chaos that you get when you add four kids, one dog, four adults, water to play in and some really good food! Sunday was a day around the house. I did some much needed laundry, and was able to start my week with empty laundry baskets, well at least the first few hours of the week! Yesterday that kids and I made a quick trick to Hobby Lobby in the morning. I needed some lighter fabric to make Roo a lighter blanket and pillow for her bed, as fleece isn't really summer in MD friendly! She picked out Tinker Bell fabric, she has really gotten into Tinker Bell and fairies lately, and I have really been enjoying it!
It was my first time sewing with "shiny" fabric, it was a bit of a challenge, but she was pleased with how it turned out. She even took the scraps to make blankets for her dolls! I let my little professor tackle the task of baking his first cake. It was from a box, but he had alot of fun. We took a basic white cake, and when it was cool, poured some red and blue jello over it, to make a patriotic cake for Memorial Day.
He decorated it is as well, and it was a perfect dessert to end the day with. Speaking of my little professor, he is turning 6 next month. With all the packing and moving that will be taking place shortly, I wanted to make sure to get his pictures in before the craziness started, so I dragged him outside yesterday morning for a quick photoshoot!
We used some props, and got pictures that really reflect him at this age! My dad got to come yesterday afternoon. The kids really enjoyed playing with him, and getting some grandpa cuddles!
We also spent some time in the backyard enjoying the water table and the hose. The kids were grateful to grandpa who knocked down the spiderwebs! They had a ball chasing each other around with the hose and watering the weeds!
It was a really wonderful weekend, and now I am ready to attack the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment