Tuesday, May 29, 2012

To My Friend....

One of the things about military life is that your friends up and move every few years. It is the one part of military life that I like the least, and I don't think it will ever get any easier. I have been very blessed with a great group of girlfriends a girl could have! We have laughed, cried and threatened to run away from it all together! I really think that if we put our heads together we could take over the world!
In a few weeks I am saying, "see you later" to one of my best friends, Karen. Karen is the most welcoming and kind person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing! We moved to Ft. Meade at just about the same time, so she has been a constant through all the ups and downs these years have held. She reached out to me after only meeting me once. I went to a game night at her house, and about a week later I ended up in the hospital, and she took the time to call and offer to bring me ice cream....it has been friendship ever since. She is the glue that has held our little band of friends together. She has tiredlessly hosted playdate after playdate, and game night after game night. She has come to my rescue to help with my kiddos time after time. Anyway, what kind of present do you give a person like that? We put our heads together and come up with this picture:
I saw this idea on Pinterest and immediately fell in love with it. So with my friend Rachel's help we did our own take on it! We included all of our kids, so that no matter where Karen moves, she will have a reminder of all the people who love and cherish her friendship in Maryland.

1 comment: