Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Un-wrapped

This year was a little different when it came to celebrating Christmas. Because we had Pae for Christmas last year, we didn't have her for the actual day this year. She flew up the day after.
Because of this we only opened "Santa" presents on the 25th, saving the BIG celebration for the 27th.
With the "different" schedule we were able to spend Christmas Eve with some "military family". It was great to see the kids playing around and waiting for Santa to come riding around the neighborhood on a fire engine.
Spreading out the celebrations had its advantages. Both kids were able to enjoy and play with the presents as they opened them.

We spent the 25th having a nice quiet day with my parents and uncles. It was fun just to sit back and enjoy each others company.
On the 27th my sister and her husband came up from Salisbury. I haven't seen them for about 6 months so it was great to catch up a bit. Presents were shared all around. I got to give my mom the scarf I have be crocheting for her. It is my first finished project!!
I also got to give Pae her shirt and tutu that I had worked on. She seemed to like them!
The only one missing from the festivities was my youngest sister. She was missed immensely. I did send her some artwork I had made for her home.
We celebrate with my husbands family tomorrow and then the Christmas celebrations will be done for this year! Now I get to have fun organizing all the new toys and such!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment