Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Its Beginning to Look alot Like Christmas!!!

I am one who believes you shouldn't put out Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, but once Thanksgiving is over all bets are off!
This year we have done our decorating in phases. Pae was here for Thanksgiving, so that weekend we put out our "sit around" decorations.
The Advent calendar came out, along with my many angel decorations that I have collected over the years. I also enjoyed putting out the wooden Santa and angel that my grandfather carved.
This past weekend we went and picked out our tree. We have gotten it at the same place on post every year. We also get garland from there and use it to decorate our stairs.
I think the garland is my favorite decoration!
Last night we decorated the tree. Roo LOVED the lights, and had a lot of fun "helping" Daddy put up the ornaments. After each one she cheered, "Yay Daddy, Yay Roo-Roo!" She called them all "tree pretty's".
My little Professor also enjoyed decorating, although he seemed to favor one branch and I had to keep reminding him to decorate the whole tree. I seem to remember my parents saying the same thing.




My wonderful husband also strung lights outside. I don't have any pictures of that yet, but they will be coming. I love having a house that looks so "merry and bright"!

1 comment:

  1. Flashbacks to our childhood - poor Dad, always trying to get us to balance out the ornaments...I swear he and Mom moved them around after we went to bed :D

    ReplyDelete