Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good - bye 2011

As I sit here with my cup of coffee on the last day of 2011 I can't help but think about this past year.
While this year has been the scariest and the year that has stretched us the most, the scary times aren't the ones that have stuck in my head. Instead it is the obvious signs of God's grace to us. It is the times where "the peace that passes all understanding" came along just when it was needed. It is the times where a phone call from a friend or an unexpected visit was exactly what was needed to lift my spirits.
So overall at the end of 2011 I am overcome by a feeling of thankfulness. And in 2012 my prayer is that I decrease and that God increases in my life and the lives of my family. I pray that when people look at me, they see a reflection of Him.

There's nothing like your presence here in this place,
There's nothing like your passion that steals my heart away.
And there is nothing like your glory falling on me, more of you and less of me.


Cause I'm satisfied by you alone,
Just one touch from you oh Lord
Reach within my heart and make it new
Oh I must have more of you


Cause I'm satisfied by you alone,
Just one touch from you oh Lord
Reach within my heart and make it new
Oh I must have more of you

Brian and Jenn Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment