Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Using the Force

Lately my little professor has been having quite a few "behavior" issues. Last night I decided that I have had enough, and I was tired of being "yelly" mommy.
Things always went better when he had an idea of what was expected from him. We did some behavior charts for awhile, but it never really stuck.
So while I was searching through Pinterest I found a Superhero behavior chart that operated on a similar concept as the one they use at his school. And while he lvoes his superheros he has a new interest in Star Wars, and with the whole "Jedi vs the Dark Side" I thought that it was a match made in heaven.
Here is what I came up with:
The concept is simple. Every day he will start out as a "Youngling" if I catch him doing something good he will move up the chart....if he makes Jedi Master he will receive a prize, such as a movie night with Mommy and Daddy, and ice cream date or something along those lines. If he makes bad choices he will move down the chart. On each level of the "Dark Side" there will be certain actions that will follow, such as an earlier bedtime, loss of dessert and things like that.
I like this because it gives him a chance to "get caught" doing good things. It will take alot of the "emotion" out of discipline.
I can't wait for him to get home from school so that I can show him!

No comments:

Post a Comment