Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blessed Beyond Measure

This past week we celebrated my little Roo's second birthday.
Last year it was shortly after her birthday she started having seizures. There were times last year where I wasn't sure if we were going to have her around for a second birthday. As I look back over the last year I see blessing after blessing. God has given us such a gift in our little Roo. He blessed us by having us stationed here, the best place in the country to deal with the health problems she has. He has surrounded us with wonderful friends who have been such an encouragement and strength when we needed it. I can't even begin to express how grateful I am.
Now we have a very active, imaginative two year old running around our house....literally and figuratively!
Last Thursday, my little professor informed me that Reagan would like to have chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. So that is how we started out her birthday!
We had a fun day, playing with some friends, and having Burger King for lunch. After dinner she got to open a few presents. My little professor gave her a lightsaber....that was by far her favorite present of the evening. Now they could play Star Wars together!!!
On Sunday we celebrated with family, my dad, sister, brother - in-law, uncle and mother-in-law were here to celebrate. It was great to be surrounded by family. She is all set now with a new trike, scooter...as well as the safety gear to go with it!
She had to have a little help blowing out the candles! But she didn't need any help eating the cake!
Today was her kid, owl themed birthday party. We had tons of fun playing with balloons, doing crafts and of course eating cake!!!

Crayon holders and art smocks were the favors!


So my little girl is two. I thank God every day for her!! (even on the days where she drives me CRAZY!) She has such a love for life! I can't wait to see how God uses her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment