Saturday, February 4, 2012

Getting My Crafting On!

The other day I came across a really cute craft that I knew I had to duplicate! We are having a Valentines Day party and I thought these cute little ornaments would make awesome Valentines Day gifts for our friends.
It is a simple salt dough recipe:
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 cup water
food coloring
Mix ingredients together, you can adjust flour and water to until it makes a dough. Divide the dough into how many colors you want to make, I did four. Add your food coloring (be careful, this is messy and take more food coloring than you might think!
Roll out the dough and cut them into heart shapes. We made both big hearts and little hearts. Make sure you punch a hole in the hearts before you bake them.
Bake at 250 degrees for about two hours. Check on them a few times just to make sure they don't burn.
Once they are cool you can put ribbon through them, and use a red sharpie to write your messages of affection.




My little professor really enjoyed being able to help make these gifts for his friends, and my little Roo? Well she enjoyed playing with the dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment