Friday, February 10, 2012

New Every Morning

Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"
- Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


Today has been a day. My little professor is getting over a raging case of strep throat, my little Roo has been cranky because of her lack of nap yesterday, and I have been "yelly mommy".
It is a day when I could have risen to the challenge of keeping a calm and relaxing house. I could have put on my pearls and heels and vacuumed and folded laundry while listening to the blue birds sing outside my window.
However, I wallowed. I stayed in my pjs and did my chores with a less than stellar attitude. I felt sorry for myself and have had a grand ole pity party.
I often wonder if the Proverbs 31 wife had days like this. Most likely she did, but I really wish there had been a couple of verses dedicated to these kinds of days.
But as the day is winding down, only 3 hours and 15 minutes till bedtime, I am enjoying a few peaceful minutes. I am thankful that I can claim Lamentations 3:22-23, Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Today hasn't been the best, but tomorrow is another day.

"Say hey, it's a good day
Even if things aren't going my way
Jesus is Lord and I am saved
So, say hey, it's a good day"

No comments:

Post a Comment