Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bring on the Girly-ness!!

This afternoon I got to spend time with a good friend's little girl. From the pink chocolate chip pancakes for lunch to the crafts all afternoon it was a wonderfully girly time!
We started out with some Pinkalicious pancakes.
She had had chocolate chip pancakes the last time she was here, but today I decided that pink pancakes would be really fun. My little professor isn't a fan of pink food, he declares with "too girly", but he was in school today...so bring on the pink!!
After I put my little Roo down for a nap I brought out a craft that I had really wanted to do, but Roo is a bit young for it.
I am a sucker for hand-crafts, and love the fact that the plant is her hand! She had lots of fun designing the flowers.
One craft wasn't nearly enough, so after doing some searching on Pinterest we decided to make glitter playdough!
I was a little nervous, because you have to cook the playdough, but it was wonderfully easy and easy to clean up, which is nice as well. It is a real kid friendly recipe.
Glitter Playdough
1 cup flour
1 cup water
1/4 cup salt
1TBSP oil
2 tsp cream of tarter
1 pkg of Kool aid
GLITTER!!!

Mix all the ingredients except the Kool aid and glitter in a bowl. Stir until pretty smooth. Add in the Kool aid, stir until all one color. Add in as much glitter as you would like.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it comes together, then flatten it out and cook it like a pancake for about 1 minute on each side. Let cool then play!

(I doubled the recipe and separated the dough into two bowls before I mixed in the Kool aid so that we would have different colors)

No comments:

Post a Comment