Friday, March 9, 2012

Luck of the Irish

St. Patricks Day is one of my favorite holidays! It is just fun, no stress, no expectations...just a day full creative fun.
Of course I have to decorate for this holiday, and I was sadly disapointed in the decorations at the stores....so I decided to make some myself!
The first one I made was inspired by a picture I saw on Pinterest.

It was a simple decoration to make. I used a tin that I had picked up at Hobby Lobby last year. In the bottom I put some floral styrofoam. The sticks are from the floral department as well. I used a stencil to outline the clovers, and used double sided tape to stick them on the sticks. The lettering was some gel letters I pick up last year.


The second craft I made this morning. It was along the same idea, but a little different.
I used a heart paper punch to put these these clovers together, a little tape and some regular Elmer's glue to put the buttons in the middle and they were ready to go!

I plan on doing a few more crafts with the kids to help bring some more "irish" into our house before the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment