Monday, March 12, 2012

His Grace

Saturday was a day that was completely not what I had planned. On days like that I usually get really stressed and grumpy, but today I took the time to stop, and appreciate God's control.
Last night when I got home from a game night I found my hubby in the bathroom as sick as a dog. I got him tucked into bed and ran out and picked up some ginger ale and started praying that he would feel perfect this morning because Pae was flying in from Fl in the late afternoon.
This morning when I woke up I could see that he was still feeling really lousy. I mentally re-did my day, planning to call my mother-in-law when it was a little later in the morning and see if she would like to come and sit with the kids while I got Pae from the airport.
The kids and I headed downstairs and I set them up with breakfast. I logged onto my facebook account and was leisurly strolling through my updates, then I saw one that made me stop. It was from Pae's mom stating that she had just taken off....about an hour ago!! I yelled for Andrew, threw clothes on, turned on the cartoons for the kids and ran out the door.
Traffic was good and security was a breeze and I made it to the gate with enough time to enjoy a cup of Starbucks with an extra shot of esspresso!
I got Pae with no complications, I even remembered where I parked my car (which is a miracle in itself).
We got home, had a snack and I decided I was going to take the kids out so that my lovely husband could get some rest. I decided bowling would be fun. Well, I didn't think this through and because I am not an bowler I didn't realize that they have leauge play on Saturdays. Both bowling alleys we went to were completely full!
Onto Plan B, which was to take the kids to the mall to walk around. It was an experience! Because the mall was plan "B" I didn't have a stroller to help corral my little Roo. So I had all three kids walking around a very crowded mall. Thank goodness Pae was there! She helped me out so much. The kids had fun. My little professor got to buy a new LEGO Star Wars set, and Pae and Reagan got new clothes. I was able to get all three green shirts for St. Patty's day at Old Navy. The girls got the typical shamrock shirts, while my little professor lucked out with a "Green Lantern" shirt.......for those of you who watch Big Bang Theory and know my son you know how funny this is!
After the mall we went home for some lunch, naps and a laid back afternoon.
A few years ago a day like Saturday would have thrown me for a loop. Now I am a mom and the verse, "My grace is sufficient for you" has taken on a whole new meaning. His grace is more than enough to handle any schedule changes life throws in my way. His grace showed me little snapshots of memories that the "normal" day wouldn't have had. His grace is more than perfect in my weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment