Sunday, April 1, 2012

And Here We Go Again.....

Last week was a tough week. Monday was a great day, I was productive and at the end of the day I sat back with my "super-mom" crown on and smiled at all the mere mortals down below my throne. Then Tuesday came..... By Friday my crown had fallen off, most likely when I was cleaning up after my little Roo, who has gotten over her fear of "peeing on the princesses" and now doesn't seem to care that Cindrella is wet. My throne was taken over by my children, who can be quite the little dictators! My mantra for the week was, "children are a blessing from the Lord"...."children are a blessing from the Lord." On Saturday, while my husband was sleeping, (he is on night shift) I decided that I needed to get the kids out of the house. So we went to Hobby Lobby, where we got in and out in less than 15 minutes,my little Roo likes to "help" a little too much. We headed off to Family Christian Bookstore to pick up some things for Easter baskets. While we were there Roo had a melt down, so I decided to pick up Dr. Dobsons book, "The Strong Willed Child", I couldn't ignore the chuckle from the salesperson when I told her what I was looking for while my daughter kept saying, "no Mommy, I do it." Next to Dr. Dobsons book was one I had to pick up called, "Because I said So" by Dawn Meegan. I am only on page 18, and have already giggled outload. It has helped remind me that all mothers get fed up, all mothers feel like they have completely failed their children, all mothers secretly wonder which things are going to come out when their child in on a therapist's couch years down the road, and all mothers love their children so very much and want to be the best mother that they can be. This week is Spring Break. My plan of action is to keep them both busy so they don't have time to argue!

No comments:

Post a Comment