Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Resurrection Day!!!

This year we will celebrate two Easters. My in-laws are Orthodox and this year their Easter falls next Sunday, so we are doing are family get together next Sunday. So this Sunday we got to celebrate with our military family! We started out with some bunny pancakes for breakfast!
I am getting to be quite the pancake artist! After breakfast the kids got ready for church. They each had a new outfit to wear. Roo's was completed by pink "sparky" shoes!
They went to church with my mother in law this morning, while they were gone I hid their Easter baskets for them to find after our party.
We went off to party, leaving Daddy home to get some rest since he is on night shift. The party was a a combination of birthday/Easter get together, having the best of both worlds!
When we got home, both kids were tired and dirty....a sure sign they had a good time. Then they got to open up their Easter baskets!
As I sit here typing this I am so amazed at God's gift to us. I love giving my children presents, I loved watching them open their Easter baskets this afternoon. The thing that gets me is that we didn't love God when He gave us His gift! We were His enemies and He gave us His Son. So as we come down from our sugar high, lets remember what this day is really about.....LOVE!

1 comment: