Monday, April 16, 2012

A Whirlwind Weekend

This weekend was extrememly busy, but extremely fun! On Thursday my mom arrived. She decided to come in and surprise my sister at her babyshower which was held on Saturday. It was really hard not to spill the secret! I had to be so careful with the pictures I posted on Facebook!! Friday I did my big grocery shopping trip. It was quite fun as I was kidless, and had my mom to chat with while I shopped! Saturday my mom and I left around 8am to head to Salisbury for my sister's baby shower. Before the shower I got to catch up with a friend that I haven't seen in about 6 years! It was wonderful to catch up over coffee and meet her new little baby!
The shower was lovely! My sister's mother-in-law did such a wonderful job hosting and the decorations were extremely cute!
It was also great to see my youngest sister. We all haven't been together since a my sister's wedding about a year and a half ago!
After the shower my mom and I headed back home. My hubby and I were able to take advantage of my mom visiting and headed out for a date. We haven't been able to spend alot of time together because he has been working crazy hours. We visited a new restraunt that is by our new house, more on that at a later date. It is Aida Bistro and Wine Bar. Oh my goodness, it was such a great experience! If you are in the Columbia, MD area, you need to check them out! We started off with a sampler plate. It included veal marrow, a leg of duck confit and a salmon sausage. While all of it was more than delicious the veal marrow was completely amazing. It melted in your mouth and coated it with a wonderful earthy flavor. Next time we decided we will just get 3 veal marrow bones, it really was that good. For the main course I had Lobster, Shrimp and Crab pasta. The best thing was that they make their pasta in house, and you can tell the difference! It also had spinach, capers and carmalized onions. The sauce was a reduced lobster stock and tomato butter. It was garnished with truffle oil and had a basil chiffonade. They make everything in house, from the bread to the pickles, to the mustard! It was an amazing dining experience! The service was more than wonderful. After we ate our server took us on a quick tour of the wine room. They have about 30 wines on tap. Instead of keeping the wines in bottles, they keep them in small vats. The vats are pumped with nitrogen, which is what is put in wine bottles to keep in fresh. It was a cool system. My hubby understood more of the science behind it, but I just thought it was really cool, and it tasted amazing!! It was a really relaxing and nice to spend some time with my husband. The past month or so I have felt like we have just been passing each other. On Sunday we joined my in laws to celebrate Orthodox Easter. It was a fun time and I got to spend some quality time with my nephew.
I think I like this "aunt" thing. I got to hold him and cuddle on him, but when he got too fussy I got to hand him off! It was a wonderful weekend. I really enjoyed spending time with people I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment