Saturday, April 21, 2012

Getting in Touch with Nature

Yesterday I had the privilage of taking a friends pictures. We decided to check out Patapsco State Park. We were hoping to find the waterfall, and while we didn't find it on this trip, we did fine some awesome train tracks, a swinging bridge and a little beach area. I really enjoyed the time outside. I haven't explored a state park in a very long time. I came home sweaty, dirty, stinky and tired, but so happy and energized! While I was there to take pictures for my friend, I was able to capture a few pictures of the beauty that surrounded us.
We saw these flowers creeping their way down a hill. I think they are a type of phlox, but please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. It was so pretty to see their bright little faces standing out among the dirt and tree trunks.
Here is a picture of the swinging bridge we found.....it was really fun to walk across, you just felt a bit uneven! And the photo ops by the bridge are endless!!!
I snapped this picture as we were getting ready to leave, I was standing under the railroad tracks. The light was so pretty! I can't wait to go back and explore some more!!!

1 comment:

  1. Patapsco is beautiful!! That is where Eric and I got married and while he was saying "I DO" a train passed thru and we had to wait so everyone could hear us. It is a great place. If you haven't found the waterfall yet let me know. I can have Eric e-mail the directions.

    ReplyDelete