Wednesday, April 18, 2012

See Me Sew!!!

I have wanted to sew for a very long time! I had a disasterous experience in highschool, and have been hesitant to sew again, thinking that sewing machine's are just out to get me!!! Well, right before Christmas my dear friend Brook helped me get over my sewing machine phobia. Through MULTIPLE cups of coffee, screaming children in the backround she walked me through my first pillows, and I was hooked! Just recently I have ventured into the world of sewing clothes. I still have a dress for my little Roo halfway done, but I have found a great tutorial for pillowcase dresses!! You use the "fat quarters" that you can get at any fabric store for around 10.00. Add some ribbon and you have a dress. I found the instructions at http://www.u-createcrafts.com/. There are alot of things on this site that I really can't wait to try!
This is my first dress! I was so excited that it looked the way it was supposed too. It has since stood up to mulitple washings, playing outside and other things my little Roo gets into on a daily basis!
For my second dress I changed the pattern a little bit. I did ribbon on the bottom instead of making a band. I can't wait to put it over little black leggings!!! My third dress was a little tricky. I had seen a picture online and tried to duplicate it. It just didn't look right.
While my model makes anything look cute, I just didn't like it. So after she went to bed, I took out my scissors and did some "re-adjusting".
I took off the tulle, and added some "yo-yo" embellishments. This morning I tried it on my willing model, along with a matching hair bow I whipped together last night.
I think this is now my favorite one of the bunch! I can't wait to see what I can come up with next!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment