Friday, April 6, 2012

Not My Original Plan....

This week was my Little Professors spring break. I was inspired by a friend to fill the week with fun activities and day trips. I was so excited. Then Monday afternoon came and I got sick...really sick. By Wednesday I was in the ER and being diagnosed with type A flu. Not fun, and not the way I wanted to spend spring break. Today I woke up feeling better, so while we did stay at home, we had some Easter/spring fun! We started out by using the Resurrection Eggs that my mom sent us. Through the little eggs we went over the entire Easter story.
After that I got out some ink pads and we made some thumbprint art featuring chicks and bunnies!
We made some chocolate chip cookies next. To change things up a bit we added some caramel chips that I had found at the commissary on my last trip. My kids LOVE taste testing the chocolate chips to make sure they are fit for the cookies!
We ended the morning by decorating Easter eggs. I used plain old food coloring this year, and used muffin tins to hold the dye. We sat out on the front porch and the kids had a blast!
It was a fun, but exhuasting morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment