Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year One and All!!!

While I am not ashamed to say that I spent the first day of 2012 being lazy...well, as lazy as you can be with two kids, today I am back down to business.
I am not a huge New Year Resolution person, although I do like the idea of starting each year with a clean slate to "write on".
This year I want to take better care of myself. I started out last year with a bang and lost a good amount of weight, but then Roo got sick and I put all of the weight back on. I stopped being conscious of what I was eating and my activity level. So after doing some reading and realizing my limitations I think I have come up with a pretty decent plan on how to change my eating habits. Being a busy mom, I don't always have time to sit down and have a meal, so my goal is to eat more often and eat better foods. I plan on rotating between smoothies, oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast. Lunch is where I plan on having more veggies and not forgetting my protein! I went on Jamie Olivers website and got some ideas for naturally flavored water, which I am sipping on now and really liking it. Hopefully, these changes will stick.
Another goal I would like to have for 2012 is to be more positive. It starts by surrounding myself with positivity.
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Philippians 4:8
I am tired of feeling negative!!! So you have my permission to to "gently nudge" me if you hear me being negative!
So those are my two areas of concentration for 2012. Nothing big or earth shattering, just small steps that will help me become the woman God wants me to be!!

1 comment:

  1. I want to be positive too. We can work on that together!

    ReplyDelete