Tuesday, October 4, 2011

In One of "Those" Times...

Lately the time after my son gets home from school has been extremely stressful. My imaginative boy can't seem to come up with anything to do that is productive. The words, "I'm bored" are common to hear around our house. He has tons of ideas to torment his sister, get into mischief and such, but I would like to stop this cycle.
Last night was extremely difficult and I turned into "yelly" mommy, which I don't like. So after giving it some thought I put together "Cameron's Bored Box". I simply took an empty Rubbermaid container I had around and decorated it. In it I put some productive activities that he could do. Some fun workbooks, some basic art supplies, dominos, stickers and such. I plan to rotate the items so that there are new things. Hopefully this will help keep the time before dinner a little calmer.

1 comment: