Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Let the Fun Begin!

My dear daughter started toddling at 9 months, so child-proofing started early in our house. However in the past week I have had to become inventive, since she can now climb up on our bar chairs and open doors.
The doors are pretty easy to take care of thanks to child-proof knobs and locks, but here climbing habits were a bit harder. She loves to sit up at the counter and try to "help" me with whatever I might be doing at the time.
After a frustrating day yesterday I came up with a plan. I had made my son a "bored box", why not do something like that for her? I took a small metal tin that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I put a magnet or two on the outside, since she loves playing with those. Inside I put stickers, crayons, paper and a pen. It kept her busy this morning so I could get things done. She seemed really excited to have her own "work" to do!

Enjoying her work station.....and Mommy kept her sanity this morning!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment