Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Stretching Myself

While I love being crafty, I have never really gotten in the groove of sewing. It has been something I have always wanted to learn, but always gotten frustrated before the task was completed.
Awhile ago I saw a great idea for using baby blankets to cover pillows. There are two of my daughters blankets that I haven't been able to part with so I decided to try....I mean how hard could it be?
A friend of mine came over today and set up my sewing machine. I sat down after I put my daughter down for a nap and attempted to use the machine. After three broken needed I decided that I should abandon the machine, since I only had two more needles left. I picked up a needle and thread and whipped stitched the blanket. I added some ribbon detail to the end to make it washable, pulled on it a couple of times to make sure it wouldn't fall apart, and now I have a cute lounging pillow for my daughter.
Hopefully the next one will be a bit easier....I think I need stronger needles!!!
My starting materials

The ribbon detailing I added to make it washable...figured that would be a good idea!

The finished product!

4 comments: