Friday, January 13, 2012

I am not above bribery....

I will be the first to tell you that I really don't like potty training. I like when they are potty trained, but don't like the interim. It is the least favorite "mommy type" activity.
My little Roo is ready to potty train. The signs have been there, and now that the holiday craziness is over we are going to start.
I started on Monday. I was ready, I was prepared, I had given myself the pep talk. I was prepared for battle.
We started out well, I was lulled into thinking that this might be a piece of cake....I should have known better!
I made the "mistake" of telling her "no". After that things went quickly down hill. She started "punishing" me by having accidents. When we reached five accidents in one hour I was out of clean underwear and running short on patience.
So I decided we would start again the following week. Well, this afternoon she asked to put on underwear, so I thought we would give it a go.
After one accident, I started giving her 2 M&Ms when she actually went in the potty.
She caught on quick. As I have written this blog we have gone the potty 4 times, three of which she has actually gone! So make no mistake about it. This girl is motivated by chocolate!
(sporting the melted chocolate....btw M&Ms melt, no matter what the commercial used to say!)

No comments:

Post a Comment