Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Its All About Love

I have always been a bit of a "scrooge" about Valentines Day. I never really saw the reason for celebrating it. Last year was the first year I really put up decorations, and that was mainly for my daughters birthday (she was born on the 16th).
This year I decided that love is always a reason to celebrate. So for the month leading up to Valentines Day I am going to go through 1 Corinthians 13 with myself, and my children and talk about the real meaning of love.
I also started putting some little decorations up around my house. Last spring I found a cute Easter tree at Hobby Lobby. I took the eggs off and added some cute heart conversation ornaments to it.
By my back door I hung a little strand of hearts I made. I got the inspiration from pinterest and just used some scrapbooking paper I can laying aroudnd.
My front two windows are decorated with a heart garland I put together last year.
My son wrote a poem a few weeks ago that ties in what I am feeling about this season so well.
"Love is an important thing.
It makes us want to sing.
God loves us from above
So the most important thing is love."

No comments:

Post a Comment