Monday, January 9, 2012

Just One of Those Days

Have you ever had one of those days when despite your best intentions nothing went the way you wanted/expected? I had one yesterday.
My biggest New Years Resolution is to keep my mind on, "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."
I have to admit that yesterday I did not practice that verse. I grumbled and complained in my head. I was acting like I was in my "terrible twos" along with my daughter. God's blessings seemed dim compared to the mundane little things that got on my nerves.
As I got in the car to run a few errands I got a nice reminder in the form of a Steven Curtis Chapman song:

You’re picking up toys on the living room floor
for the 15th time today
Matching up socks and sweeping up lost
Cheerios that got away
You put a baby on your hip and color on your lips
and head out the door
And while I may not know you I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes does it matter at all
Well let me remind you it all matters just as long as you

Do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you to do
Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every little thing you do


Right now, in this season of motherhood there is alot of repetition of mundane things. Just as I clean up the toys, there are more to put away, each spill brings another one shortly after, that must get wiped up, laundry is just an on going battle. There are boo-boos to kiss, fights to break up and a husband that would like some attention too. Meals must be made, prescriptions must be filled and so on and so forth. What I forgot yesterday, and need to keep in mind AT ALL TIMES is that I am God's love story to my family. Everything I do is for Him. Every action and word I say needs to relect Him.
I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father is so forgiving and was standing beside me to pick me up this morning. I woke up with a better attitude remembering to keep everything in an eternal perspective. I put on my armor (Eph 6) and am ready for the week!

1 comment:

  1. ...and His mercies are new every, every EVERY morning, praise Him!

    ReplyDelete